Father Burn opened a small mission church in Alfred Street in 1889 and called it St Laurence. This was changed in in 1891 to St Columba. In 1893 it was moved to the vacated Gospel Hall in Boundary Road. It was accepted as a parish church in 1895. In 1896 it was decided to build […]
Cooper Street ran from Newport Road to Newport Street (alongside the railway line) and crossed Cannon Street. Newspaper articles, images of Cooper Street and the people who lived there (click photos to enlarge) [gallery ids="1279,1313,1312,1319,2559,3199"] Alan Thompson Steve McNichol Johnny McNichol Ann Cooper Wade Pauline Haskins Kevin Heald Bartaby
1911 CensusNameAgeRelationOccupationBirthplaceIsaac Buck42HeadFruit hawkerMiddlesbrough, YKSAnnie E Buck42Wife Darleston, STSJ P Cooper22StepsonLabourerMiddlesbrough, YKSW E Cooper19StepsonLabourerMiddlesbrough, YKSEdith Cooper17Stepdaughter Middlesbrough, YKSJames Albert Cooper12StepsonSchoolMiddlesbrough, YKSAnnie E Cooper8StepdaughterSchoolMiddlesbrough, YKSSarah J Cooper6StepdaughterSchoolMiddlesbrough, YKSJohn Platts67BoarderSilversmithSheffield, YKSDirectory entriesDirectoryNameOccupationWard’s 1902-03A BatterbeePainter Located on the South East side of Cannon Street between Laws Street and King George Street.